The 2013 World's Fair of Money is in the history books
Whether you were at the fair or enjoying from afar, chances are you didn't see everything there was to see. So be sure to check out the links below from the World's Fair of Money Live Coverage center, and be sure to also connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for even more photos and videos from the biggest show of the year.
Videos from Chicago
- The Coin Show podcast -- the full replay
- Commercial for the World's Fair of Money
- Huge Line for Buffalo gold coins at the 2013 World's Fair of Money
- Collectors Forum with Richard Peterson, Acting Director of the US Mint
- Opening Ceremony from the 2013 World's Fair of Money
- What's the Coolest Thing In Your Booth? With Charmy Harker, the Penny Lady
- What's the Coolest Thing In Your Booth? With Ron Drzewucki with Modern Coin Wholesale
- Day 1 of the World's Fair of Money
- World's Fair of Money, Days 1, 2 and 3, by John Wilson
- Service Award photos by Jerry Jordan
- Dave Bowers celebrates 60 years in Numismatics
- Kickoff Event at Beyond the Ivy -- Rooftop baseball across the street from Wrigley Field
- Members at the World's Fair of Money
And, be sure to check out all of the media coverage from WGN, the Chicago Daily Herald, the Chicago Tribune, and many others.
The Coin Show live broadcast is complete, but you can catch the replay right here.
Watch the World's Fair of Money on YouTube
Check out the official convention program
The staff of The Numismatist have produced a beautiful, full-color guide to the biggest show of the year.
The Show Guide includes a map of the biggest bourse of the year, the full schedule of events, an in-depth look at the rarities in the Museum Showcase, a full list of dealers and their specialities, and much, much more.
Pick up your guide at the registration desk, and check out the online preview now.
The latest blog posts from The Exchange
This timelapse video shows the entire World's Fair of Money from set up to teardown in three minutes time.
FUN president, Tony Swicer, gives his impressions of the 2013 World's Fair o Money.
Visit the Museum Showcase during the WFM to look at one of the Class III 1804 silver dollars.
The United States Treasury's Bureau of Engraving and Printing will showcase the new $100 bill at the World's Fair of Money from Aug. 13-17. The bill is set to enter circulation Oct. 8.
Rosemont is the home of the World's Fair of Money. The area has recently added new attractions to the area creating a more entertaining atmosphere.
Over the last two years, the ANA Convention Department has received numerous complaints about third-party companies that contact ANA dealers and members with offers to book hotel rooms for them at the National Money Show and the World’s Fair of Money. These companies have no affiliation with the ANA, and booking accommodations through them is risky to you and detrimental to the Association in a number of ways.
The Society for U.S. Commemorative Coins donated $11,000 to endow a new exhibits awards category at the World's Fair of Money. Part of the money will also be used to support the ANA Library Fund.
At each ANA World's Fair of Money and National Money Show, the ANA offers a competitive exhibit area for members to show material from their collection as well as educate the public about a type of material that they may have not normally known about.
The 2012 World's Fair of Money took place this August in Philadelphia. It was my first ANA show and definately not my last. This article tells about some of the highlights of attending this convention for the first time.
The Museum Showcase
Learn more about the rarities on exhibit:
- Rittenhouse 1792 half disme
- Proof 1921 Double Eagle
- Quintuple Stella
- Incuse coinage
- Historic Bank Notes
- Banco de Mexico
- Byzantine coins
- Nova Constellatio Quint
- The Bebee 1913 Liberty Head “V” Nickel
- The Idler/Bebee Class III Specimen 1804 Dollar
- Bradley S. Karoleff named 2013 Harry J. Forman Dealer of the Year
- Beware third-party hotel sales calls
- Sekulich, Harker, Reinders win top honors in exhibiting at 2013 World’s Fair of Money
- David Alexander named ANA’s 2013 Numismatist of the Year
- ANA announces 2013 Literary Awards Winners
- Deisher, Herbert inducted into Numismatic Hall of Fame
- 9,082 hobbyists attend the 2013 World’s Fair of Money
- ANA Board of Governors votes to build new website, replace database